PDR Cigars has added a corona vitola to its El Trovador lineup, a 5 x 44 vitola that is not only a personal favorite of brand owner Abe Flores, but also began shipping on Sept. 12, his birthday.
It becomes the fifth size in the El Trovador line, which debuted in 2016 and is made up of two blends, the El Trovador Rosado and El Trovador Maduro. The former’s wrapper comes from Ecuador, while the latter’s is a Mexican San Andrés leaf. Both use Nicaraguan tobacco for the binder and filler, but Flores recently revamped the blend to make the filler a 50-50 blend of Nicaraguan and Dominican tobacco, a change that came about as part of his plan to showcase more Dominican tobaccos across the company’s portfolio. However, the corona keeps the original blend, meaning only Nicaraguan tobacco is used in the filler of this vitola.
The new size is beginning to arrive at retailers and has an MSRP of $6.89 per cigar regardless of the blend. Like the other four sizes in the line, it is offered in 24-count boxes.
- El Trovador Rosado/Maduro Petit Belicoso (4 1/2 x 50) — $9.82 (Box of 24, $235.84)
- El Trovador Rosado/Maduro Robusto (5 x 52) — $9.94 (Box of 24, $238.64)
- El Trovador Rosado/Maduro Corona Gorda (6 x 46) — $11.09 (Box of 24, $100.18)
- El Trovador Rosado/Maduro Gran Toro (6 x 54) — $11.21 (Box of 24, $269.08)
- El Trovador Rosado/Maduro Corona (5 x 44) — $6.89 (Box of 24, $165.36)
PDR Cigars produces its cigars at its factory in the Dominican Republic.
Image via PDR Cigars.