The fifth size of Undercrown 10 is off to stores.
Drew Estate has begun shipping the Undercrown 10 Factory Floor Edition to retailers. It’s a 6 x 46 lonsdale that uses the same blend as the other four sizes: a Mexican San Andrés wrapper over a Connecticut broadleaf binder and fillers from Brazil and Nicaragua.
What’s different about the Undercrown 10 Factory Floor Edition is not the 6 x 46 lonsdale, rather, each box comes with 12 small puritos of the individual tobaccos used to make the blend. Each purito represents one component, allowing consumers to smoke the individual parts. For what it’s worth, the box says that the puritos are “for presentation only,” though Drew Estate also put ribbon bands on the tobaccos so you can tell which is which.
Each box comes with 20 of the lonsdale-sized cigars, which have an MSRP of $13.60 per cigar.
There is one other size of Undercrown 10 that cannot regularly be found on shelves as it’s an event-only cigar.
- Undercrown 10 Robusto (5 x 50) — $11.75 (Box of 20, $235)
- Undercrown 10 Toro (6 x 52) — $12 (Box of 20, $240)
- Undercrown 10 Corona Doble (7 x 50) — $13.50 (Box of 20, $270)
- Undercrown 10 Corona ¡Viva! (5 x 43) — $10.50 (Box of 20, $210)
- Undercrown 10 Lonsdale Factory Floor Edition (6 x 46) — $13.50 (Box of 20, $272)
- Undercrown 10 Tuani (6 x 52) — Event Only (Two-Count Box)
Undercrown 10 pays tribute to the 10th anniversary of the Undercrown brand. As the story goes, Drew Estate lets its workers smoke cigars while they roll cigars. However, due to the popularity of Liga Privada and the limited supply, the company couldn’t continue to let them smoke Liga Privadas. The company says that its workers came up with a different blend to smoke themselves, that blend became the original Undercrown Maduro.