Black Works Studios’ bee-themed sampler will begin shipping to stores today.
It’s called the Black Works Studio The Hive, a 27-count sampler that contains a variety of different cigars from its bee-themed lines—KATO, Green Hornet, Killer Bee—in special sizes.
Each box contains:
- 6 Black Works Studio Green Hornet Lancero (7 1/4 x 52)
- 4 Black Works Studio Green Hornet Perfecto (5 x 60)
- 4 Black Works Studio Kato Candela Robusto (5 x 50)
- 6 Black Works Studio Killer Bee Connecticut Lancero (7 1/4 x 42)
- 3 Black Works Studio Killer Bee Lancero (7 1/4 x 42)
- 4 Black Works Studio Killer Bee Perfecto (5 x 60)
The sampler has an MSRP of $337.50, which works out to $12.50 per cigar.
“HIVE is an idea I’ve had for a few years now,” said James Brown, creator of Black Label Trading Co. and partner at Fabrica Oveja Negra, in a press release. “The Killer Bee & Green Hornet lines are some of our most popular and over the years I’ve played with a lot of different ideas for both. The HIVE is a mix of some of my favorite Bee & Hornet samples that have yet to be released. For anyone that is a fan of the Killer Bee & Green Hornet, this is a must have!”
Production is limited to 950 samplers for the U.S., which were sold to retailers at the 2021 PCA Convention & Trade Show. The company has also produced an additional batch of 100 samplers for the European market.
Shortly after this article was published, a representative of Black Works Studios informed halfwheel of the updated production numbers. The project was originally slated for 900 samplers, but that was increased in the months between its announcement and its release.