At next week’s Tobacconists’ Association of America, Ltd. Meeting & Convention, Altadis U.S.A. will offer retailers a new $5,000 Montecristo-branded humidor.
The Montecristo Collector Series Humidor measures 13.5 inches x 29 x 5. It prominently features the Montecristo logo on the outside of the humidor and is painted in the brand’s signature yellow color. Inside are various storage compartments to hold cigars—each humidor comes with 135 Montecristo cigars—and holders designed to hold Boveda packs.
As part of the package, customers who purchase the humidor will also receive:
- 15 Montecristo Classic Series No.2 (6 1/8 x 52)
- 15 Montecristo Classic Series Rothchilde (5 x 52)
- 15 Montecristo Classic Series Toro (6 x 54)
- 15 Montecristo Platinum Series No.2 (6 1/8 x 52)
- 15 Montecristo Platinum Series Rothchilde (5 x 52)
- 15 Montecristo Platinum Series Toro (6 x 54)
- 15 Montecristo White Series No.2 (6 1/8 x 52)
- 15 Montecristo White Series Rothchilde (5 x 52)
- 15 Montecristo White Series Toro (6 x 54)
Of note, the cigars will be shipped in a separate container and not in the humidor itself.
The MSRP is set at $5,000 per humidor and it is limited to 100 numbered units.
While the humidor will first go on sale at the TAA Convention & Meeting, it is not an item exclusive for retail members of the TAA. Altadis U.S.A. will offer it to other accounts following the TAA Convention & Meeting, which takes place Oct. 24-28, and expects the humidor to ship to stores later this month.